Monday, March 23, 2009

First Irish Chain Class

Tonight was our first class in a 5 part series creating an Irish Chain. Since it was a class meant for true beginners, we talked about tools needed, fabric selection, threads, etc. 
I picked out some pretty fun fabrics. I went with a double chain of batiks, a deep purple, a bright green, and for the center chain that is like a green and purple kind of strange checker pattern. I'm excited about it. We'll be making the quilt from start to finish - piecing the top, adding borders, quilting it together, and binding it over the next 5 weeks.
Plus it's currently UC Irvine's spring break, woo hoo! That means time to work on my nature quilt, I started piecing the top today to add around those appliqued squares I was doing last time =)

No comments:

Post a Comment