Saturday, March 7, 2009

Finished the Blocks!

Today I finished my last two blocks, Jacob's Ladder and Right Hand of Friendship. My sashings and cornerstones are cut out and ready to assemble! I was amazed when we calculated that it will be 6 feet square with just the sashings attached, wowza, how did I end up with such a monster first quilt?! Tomorrow I'm taking a machine quilting class, but I won't be doing this sucker, it'll probably go off to Steamboat, CO where my cousin's friend Madeline will make the sandwich for me. She's got the machine to do the job. I'm very excited about tomorrow's class, I'll be putting together little 12" squares of my crappier blocks I chose to kick out of my quilt. I may make them into little throw pillows just to try doing those. I'll let you know how it all goes =)

No comments:

Post a Comment