Monday, February 16, 2009

Three more blocks

I made three new blocks for my first quilt today. The first was churn dash originally, but I turned the triangle squares in the corner around, which apparently made it more like another block, called Shoo Fly. Then I made Crockett something, haha. Clearly I was paying more attention to the block-making than the names. Last I made Fox and Geese. It has flying geese all around, triangle squares in the corners, and I opted to put a pinwheel (6" Turnstile block) in the center instead of a solid 6" square. It is my favorite block I've made to date. I ♥ it.
The machine I'm now using, an Activa 145

 My cousin is going to sell me her travel Bernina, which is smaller than the top of the line machine she's got. She still has a featherweight for traveling so I won't cripple her, but it will certainly be 1000x better than the Kenmore I'd been using. I forgot my camera today, and left all the blocks at my cousin's quilting studio where I have my machine set up, so I'll post photos next time I go over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment