Saturday, June 13, 2009

So Long for the Summer

Well, I'm a little torn. I will be off to Catalina Island to spend the summer as a Educational Naturalist for the Catalina Island Conservancy. Im thrilled and it should be a great summer. On the other hand, I can't bring my sewing machine since we'll be in an outdoor campground, so I will be relegated to a summer without quilting :( booo
When I arrive in Vermont in the fall I will have to quilt up a storm to compensate. In other news, my first quilt arrived back from the quilter today. Due to it's size and my time constraints, she also did the binding for me. It's absolutely gorgeous and I will try to remember to get a photo before I leave to show you all how it turned out.

Happy Quilting,
Leigh

3 comments:

  1. Have fun in Catalina. What part of Catalina do you think you'll be working? We'll be visiting by boat late July & early August. Love to go on hikes with the Conservancy.

    Maybe you can try some English Paper Piecing Project this summer!

    Enjoy!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be living in a Volunteer Camp just outside of Avalon for two weeks at a time, alternating with a place in Two Harbors. Let me know if you make it out to the island, I'd love to have a quilter on one of my hikes =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful summer! I recommend you take a yard or so of muslin with you along with a few fat crayons to make rubbings of interesting textures. I've always done this on hikes in the mountains and have ended up with unusual and interesting fabric pieces, some of which I overpaint to make them work in particular pieces.

    ReplyDelete