Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Quilting the Baby Quilt

I held my breath and jumped in! I stitched straight lines up the center of the chains with my walking foot, then free-motion quilted the flowers in the background squares. It was scary but for my first time, I'm happy with the results. Today I need to stitch in the ditch around the inner edge of the border, then add a decorative stitch in the border. Finally, bind, wash and send!
Finished quilt top

The pinning begins

Mostly finished front!

From the back you can really see the flowers

Close-up of a flower

2 comments:

  1. Leigh, this is beautiful. You are amazing to do the free motion quilting first time and look how great these are. I tried to learn myself and practice free motion, but my tension was all screw up and I got frustrated too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You brave girl!! Free motion quilting on your first quilt. And you did a great job. Another quilter that won't be stopped - look out world.

    ReplyDelete